Input Flush Headers
There are two basic acceptable methods that are preferred by the builders:
- Single Ply of TimberStrand® LSL Rim Board with Single Ply
1¾”_TimberStrand® LSL or Microllam® LVL
- Double Ply of TimberStrand® LSL Rim to span the opening.
- Save time on the job site during installation for your customer.
- Provide member reports for header designs.
- Connector are specified and designed.
- Cost saving on the materials and installation.
- Draw in your plans as you normally do until its time to input the flush header in the foundation level.
- Most plans are drawn with centre line header dimensions. Input a Workline or Workpoint for each opening you need to create. This allows you to identify the centre of the opening.
- Select the Wall to break > Pick the Break at Location command from the Rt. Mouse Menu pick the intersection of the Workline and wall for the break location. Repeat for all headers.
- Select both walls at the break location.
- Right click in white space and select Extend by length command – input -2.5’ this will create a gap of 5’. Repeat this step for each opening.
- Input and AutoFrame the Floor Container.
- Select rim hanging in the opening; use the Split at location command to break the rim at the end of wall, to create another object for the header piece.
- Drag Rim pieces over wall to line up with end of wall.
- Select Rim pieces on wall and Extend By Length by the required bearing of 12” for the header material you are using.
- Drag the ends of the header rim piece to the ends of the Rim on the walls.
- Repeat steps 7 through 10 for each opening.