Are you spending too much time modifying framing on the sides of Cantilevers? Have the system add Framing Members to the sides of the cantilever automatically when using the Auto Frame command.
- Quickly add Full Length Members
- Quickly add Member and Header between joist spacing.
Settings – Creating your Scheme…
- Open Javelin and select Home > Settings > Schemes
- Expand Per Level Settings > Floor Container
- Select a Scheme, click the copy button Scheme Name or modify the selected Scheme.
- Scroll to the bottom of the grid, looking for Framing Options. Change the setting from Length Member or Member And Header
- Select Yes or No for Cantilever Members are the same as Floor Members, if set to No you will be able to select a different product than the joist specified in the container.
Note: When these Members are placed in the Floor Container the Property will be set to Yes. This has three design ramifications
1) Vibration checks are not performed for NBCC design
2) Repetitive member increases are not used in the design.
3) TJ-Pro™ Rating value will not be calculated.
- Set your desired Cantilever Members Ply
- Once changes are complete, click OK to exit Schemes…
- Apply your new Floor Container Scheme to your Building Style. Select Home > Settings > and Building Styles…
- Expand the desired Building Style and Level to apply the new Scheme too.
- Select your new Scheme from the list of Floor Container Schemes available. Repeat steps 9 and 1
Note: This will only affect new job files, if the job is already created, open the job, and select the Floor Container. In the Properties Grid change the Current Scheme. This will update the framing defaults.